Tuesday 11 February 2014

I Was A Robot For Three Years

Well, hello I guess ? My name is Joseph Daly, but you can call me joe because only a select few may call men Joseph. Including my mother, father, grandparents and my closest friend. I suppose in my first blog you should get to know me a bit. I will attempt to describe my past and present trying my best not to sound arrogant. Lets start at the beginning shall we?
   Most of my early childhood was spent with my amazing granny. She was everything that comes to mind when one hears the word grandmother. Loving, caring, holy and best of all an outstanding cook!
I attended Scoil Chríost Rí primary school now known as Bunscoil Chríost Rí due to an amalgamation with the girl's school next door. I use to go to my granny's every morning before school because of my parents working hours. This mean I had to get up usually around 7am, which was pretty shit. When I attended secondary school I went to Colaiste Chríost Rí where I, literally spent my life. First to third year was pretty boring and not much happened until i got into fourth year and made the senior football team this is where I practically became a robot designed to win the Corn Uí Mhuíri. I spent on average 12 hours a day in school. And would do it all again tomorrow for a chance to play again. Unfortunately my last year playing i got a bad injury which left me sitting on the sideline for 13 months and was forced to watch my team loose the semi final. I was broke. Life carries on and I completed my leaving certificate to my surprise after a smack of reality after doing the pre's. I only got my fourth choice course on the CAO and I couldn't be happier. Made some new friends and started to come out of my shell!
    Not all is perfect. I recently found out I have a heart condition called WPWS which is a heavy weight on the shoulders of a 19 year old man. Sometimes it seems like the whole world may be against you but for every dark night there is a brighter day. I believe tomorrow is a new day and who knows what it may bring. As my granny use to say God is good.