Thursday 27 February 2014

Time

A lot can happen over a short period of time, more can happen over a long period of time. January 2013 I would never have predicted what my life would be like now. I was struggling in school and training morning, noon and night.  I was not exactly happy with my schoolwork and wanted to improve but I just had no interest in the subjects being thought. I loved training and was on the senior football team in school. I trained three mornings at half six and three afternoons at half three. I could not imagine my life without sport. This all changed over time!
I injured myself one game with the school and immediately went to the school physiotherapist. I would speechless when I was told I would have to write off the next twelve months of sport. Nothing for a whole year! The first few months were torture. We had made it to the semi final of the Corn Uí Mhuíri, and this was my last chance to grab one more medal. But as a result of my injury I had to watch from the sideline. We did not show our potential that day and were down three points with minutes to go. In the space of an hour I watch all my hard work over many months come to nothing I was devastated. The time spent pushing myself to new limits washed away in seconds. All my time wasted as I watched in disbelief. How could so much change so fast?
School was not how I had hoped either. My pre results were disappointing to say the least. I became even more disinterested in school, skipped days, didn’t do homework and it seemed the world was pushing down on my shoulders. I could not hack it anymore I was dropping out of school and joining the army.
Lucky enough there was no way in hell my parent were going to let me throw the six years I spent in school, the hours of study and homework I had done, down the drain. I stuck it out and I must say it turn out pretty well for me. I’m not studying in Cork Institute of Technology, I love my course and I am now beginning to dj. Fourteen months later I am now fit to go back playing sport and it funny I’m not sure that’s what I want anymore. It strange to think it was all I did a year ago and now it has very little impact on my life.

Time is a strange thing it can be long or short, it can drag or fly. But when it comes it goes and it gone for good. You can look back and dwell or you can look forward to what is about to come because you never know you might just need a change.