Thursday 6 March 2014

College

Its totally different to anything I had been use to before, however it was not exactly what I expected. College is great, it’s a place where you start all over again, a place where you can choose to try new things, maybe something you never had the chance to do before. You have all the responsibility you could imagine but this can be a good thing or a bad thing. You study something you have an interest and as for the social side of life I have come to the conclusion its really what you make of it.
            Once again you leave school after being on top to the bottom of the chain again, but no one takes any notice of this in college. You are brain new free to create your own style. One of the first weeks in college there was a society and club convention. This is where you get a chance to do something completely new but it is up to yourself.  I personally found this one of the best week of college because I got a chance to join DJ Society, something I never would of thought about before and now I am getting pain for a hobby!
            College is so different to school. All the responsibility is on you. You decide how much work you want to put in, you decide if you want to go to class and no one is breathing down your back. Looking back on my first year of college I must admit the freedom was usual to me and I should have been more responsible but I am not the only fresher this has happened to. It was also a good lesson, I attend more classes now and I am properly organized. Being organized is something that surprisingly saves a lot of energy and stress so it would be one thing I would strongly encourage.
            The social side of college is amazing or terrible, all depending on what you do! I don’t have the best social life as I enjoy my sleep during the week and I tend to work during the weekends! So I would be one of the biggest party animals. I have friends that go out and party every Tuesday and Thursday without fail. There are also many college night out such as class parties, Rag Week, Fresher’s Week and Christmas day which I would recommend going out for because these would be the best nights out.
            To conclude I would simply say college is a new would of opportunity so if you do go make the most of it while you there because your time there will be gone before you know it.